Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened on the Air Traffic Radar this evening?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just popped in at the air traffic radar to see if there was anything interesting above me and noticed this flight which seemed to have turned 180 degrees?

Wonder what happened with the aircraft?
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Last time I saw that (seen it from time to time) was a B767 flying in the shape of a spiders web from Amsterdam towards Russia, the time before that there was an Airbus A330 flying in the shape of two ties over eastern Europe.
    In other words, I don't think we should pay much attention on that "flightpath line"
    Last edited by Sterkoder; February 14th, 2010, 02:35.
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

I've been on a flight that did that. A DC-10 out of Salt Lake City in the summer. Hot and heavy, climbing out and a bright flash, BOOM and the plane shook. I was sitting facing two flight attendants. They immediatley got a worried look and we all knew it was not good. They both bent over and pulled the emergency manuals from under their seats...

We landed safely 15 minutes later with fire trucks lined by the runway. They followed as we slowed and taxied off the runway to be parked in the middle of nowhere in case the landing gear caught fire. Many hours later we all took off on a new plane. Once in the air the captain announced that drinks were compliments of Delta and the attendant parked the liquor cart in front of me and said "you're the bartender"...

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
        I've been on a flight that did that. A DC-10 out of Salt Lake City in the summer. Hot and heavy, climbing out and a bright flash, BOOM and the plane shook. I was sitting facing two flight attendants. They immediatley got a worried look and we all knew it was not good. They both bent over and pulled the emergency manuals from under their seats...

We landed safely 15 minutes later with fire trucks lined by the runway. They followed as we slowed and taxied off the runway to be parked in the middle of nowhere in case the landing gear caught fire. Many hours later we all took off on a new plane. Once in the air the captain announced that drinks were compliments of Delta and the attendant parked the liquor cart in front of me and said "you're the bartender"...
        Yes, but I mean...., if you can fly a Boeing of some sort so that you draw a tie or a spider web on the radar, your company must have problems with the routing or you as a captain must have only hours left to retirement
        What 'Pakarang' describes here is only a small hickup in the flightradar24.com, but your story is no less interesting because of that...

Comment

A beta version of the new FlightRadar24 is out.
          It's a much faster (quicker respond) radar and the new plane icons on the screen makes it possible to see the aircraft type (if you know your planes).
          Used it for the first time earlier this evening, and I could clearly see the difference between MD-11s, A330s, A380s, B747s, B737 and so on.

Try it out: http://beta.flightradar24.com/

Comment

Thanks for the tip and thanks for the SMS yesterday notifying me of the A380 overhead...

I tried getting a shot of it, but darn, that one moved fast. By the time I had all the settings on the camera correct, they were already out over Fosen....
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
            X